Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What does it mean to you

When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at His teaching, for He taught with real authority- quite unlike their teachers of religious law. (Matt. 7:28-29 NLT)

Did you know the Bible was meant for you?  Yes, you personally.  Too often we get hung up on trying to explain the Greek & Hebrew or the laws & the thee's & thou"s.  Now I think those are important things & I thank God that there arte people & books that can explain those things but I think theres something more.  We need to know how Gods Word applies to us. Christ Im sure explained all those things when needed & He had all the knowledge there was on Gods word but He made the Word apply to people.  Gods word should impact your everyday life.  It should make a difference in our lives.  It should impact our priorities, how we are with others, & our view of God.  His Word is meant to be shared.  When you do, make it applicable to the person you are sharing it with.  Make it what God reveals to you.  I could never share Gods Word, especially in front of people if I had to reveal what all the words meant.  But I have to rely on God to reveal it to me & to be able to explain how that applys to them. Some might call it simple or "country preaching" but that's my calling.  When you study Gods word ask God to reveal to you how it applies to you.  It will be music to His ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment