Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Let Me Help

Today it seems like there are so many ideas on how to make people's lives better.  Commercials are constantly offering suggestions. Weight loss, new medications, new inventions, all promise to be the key to improving our lives. Self help books & seminars abound.  If we could just create more jobs, improve the economy, start this new program, or get this political party in charge, everything would be better. Here's a verse from Gods word that gave me a thought.  It's Matt. 25:40,"And the King will say,'I tell you the truth, when you did it to the least of these my brothers & sisters, you were doing it to me!'  What if instead of trying to always get ahead, we looked for someone we could help? What if instead of thinking of ourselves first, we put others first?  What if instead of being served, we looked to serve others? Would Jesus say today that we had helped Him by helping "one of the least of these"? Maybe this is the key to making a difference.  The other things might all be good but from the look of things I don't think they're the key.  I know maybe you think this is a nice fairy tale dream,but it could never happen today.  My question to that is, is there anything too hard for God?  After all, this is the example Christ gave anyway. And the next question is are you willing to step out & say "Let me help"?  I promise the blessing will be greater than the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment