Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lighten your load

1 Peter 5:7 says "Give all your worries & cares to God, for He cares about you."  It's important to know that God cares for you.  The world & Satan will tell you that He doesn't but we can't even begin to understand the depth of His love for us.  Once we know He cares for us , we can take all of our cares & worries & leave them there.  One of my favorite books is Pilgrims Progress.  It talks about a man named Pilgrim who carries his burdens around in a backpack.  All it succeeds in doing is weighing Him down & holding him back.  As Gods children, He invites us to lighten our load & leave(that's the key word) our worries with Him.  Too often we sit them down temporarily only to pick them back up again.  That defeats the purpose.  He wants us to trust Him enough to allow Him to take care of our worries.  He's going to do a better job than we will anyway.  I know for me, I spend to much time trying to solve my worries when if I would leave them with Him I could spend more time doing the real work He has for me to do.  Fear & worry come from Satan.  Courage & hope come from God.  So let worry & fear go & enjoy the lighter load.

No comments:

Post a Comment