Thursday, April 11, 2013

God must increase

He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30 NASB)

This was John talking about Christ.  He was saying that his role was to become less while Christs role would become more prominent.  The same can be said today of us. We need to put our desires to the side & allow God to work His plan in our lives.  I don't know about you, but it seems like there continues to be more &more things to occupy my time.  My wife told me tonight, she thought Satan was trying to distract me.  If I'm not careful I start thinking about what I need to do & what I need to accomplish.  But it's not about me or you it's about Christ in us.  What does He want to accomplish through me & you? The more it's about you & me, the less that gets done.  This starts with each individual person.  We have to each one make the decision that we are putting Gods interests ahead of our own.  If we begin to do that, God can begin to work, His message will spread, & people will see God through us.  If we're to get people back into church & into a relationship with Christ, we have to show Him to people in our daily lives.  Ask God today to have more control of your life & ask Him what He needs to accomplish through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment