Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tend my lambs

So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" He said to Him, "yes Lord You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend my lambs." (John 21:15 NLT)

So I want you to put yourself in Peters spot here.  You are sitting around a fire with your Lord & Savior Whoyou just denied three times & then comes the question.  "Do you love me?". He not only asks you once but three times & you say yes.   Then comes the command, "Tend My lambs." is He telling you that today?  Is He asking you "Do you love Me enough to help others & bring them to Me?" if He's asking you, what's your answer?  What are you doing to tend His lambs?  There are lambs who need to know the Shepherd.  Maybe you haven't denied Him like Peter did but the question & command still applies to all of us.  We need to be doing His work.  As we discussed last night, your love for Him requires action.  Who are the lambs God has given you to tend?

No comments:

Post a Comment