Sunday, December 23, 2012

Be different

Don't become so well adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out (Rom. 12:2 Mess.)

Step number 5- be different.  Don't blend in with society but be something different.  Reflect the hope that only Christ can give.  Show the peace that only He provides.  Stand firm on His word not on the worlds standards.  We are called to be set apart.  God has high standards for us & we are to reflect those.  The only way we can do that is to fix our focus on Him.  Follow Gods word, it's the guide.  Talk to God often, He wants to direct you.  It says here if you will do this He will change you from the inside out.  If you're like me that's a major key to your best 2013.  When everything around you is crazy, when all hope is gone, when you feel like giving up, stay focused on God & let Him do the changing.

1 comment:

  1. This really speaks to me. After I shared part of my testimony the other day, I felt really exposed and wondered if I would lose readers or how people who know me would react to me being so open about my beliefs and how I came to know Christ. But I felt lead to write that and this reminds me that I don't need to worry about what people think, I just need to worry about doing God's will in my life. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete