Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I hope to provide encouragement, things God is trying to show me, & possibly challenge people to get more active for Christ.   I am also hoping to show you that Gods word is alive & active in your life.  In the process I am seeking a closer relationship with my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.  Please join me in my quest.

But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit & follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, & his descendants will inherit it. (Num. 14:24 NIV)

So twelve went out & came back & gave their reports.  They all saw the same conditions & the same giants but only two believed they could have what God promised.  The end result- the other ten were struck with a plague & died while  Joshua & Caleb were blessed.  Joshua was promoted & Caleb was allowed into the Promised Land & both he & his descendants were blessed.  Why Joshua & Caleb?  They had a different spirit & followed God.  So because of their spirit  & obedience not only them but also their descendants were blessed.  It wasn't that they weren't afraid of those circumstances but they knew what God had promised & they believed He would deliver.  So our job is to be obedient, have courage, & have faith that God will do what He has promised.  I'll bet the other ten wish they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment