Friday, January 24, 2014

Its Not Me

I have been crucified with Christ & I no longer live but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me & gave Himself for me. (Gal. 2:20 NIV)

When we choose to make Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior, our life is turned over to Him.  Our desires are not our own anymore but we seek Gods desires for our life.  We have surrendered our will to His.  That probably not a real popular thought for many today because the world wants to tell us that we should be able to do what we want.  They ask us why we would want to give up control of "our" lives.  It is because of the second part of this verse.  We do so because of our faith in the Son of God.  We know we can do all things through Christ.  We know He works out all things for our good.  We know He makes our crooked places straight.  When we cant see the right way or how something can work out, He knows exactly what we need to do.  So you see its really an easy decision.  We do so because we trust Who we have surrendered our lives to.  If you will make that decision today, it will be a decision you will never regret.  He loved you enough to give His life for you.  If He loves you that much I think its alright to trust Him with the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment