Sunday, January 5, 2014

More

Wake up!  Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God.  (Rev. 3:2 NLT)

This was a letter to the church in Sardis. This is not anything that a church would want to hear.  I do think today though that God is crying out tithe burch to wake up.  It's time for more.  God wants more  from His church than singing a few songs, taking an offering, having a sermon, & maybe a Sunday school class or bible study.  God wants more than a "fellowship" meal & the newest program to hit the bookstore.  God wants more than excuses from the church about why we're not reaching more people.  Please don't misunderstand me.  I have grown up in the church my whole life & I love the church.  I know many real deal Christians & many real deal churches. But we're called to he nothing less than our best for God.  We're called to follow His leading above all. We're called to reach out to the people who are not in the church building.  We are to present His message just as He has given it to us.  We are called to do more.  God has told us to work until He returns, not to go through the motions until He returns.  I believe God wants to do a mighty work through His church.  Are we available for Him to do that?  Are we more than lip service?  We are asked to serve "the least of these".  We need a passion for Christ & doing His work.  So let's not settle for good when God wants more.

No comments:

Post a Comment