Monday, October 7, 2013

A little less me

He must become greater & greater, & I must become less & less. (John 3:30 NLT)

I listened to a song today from Chris August that reminded me of this verse.  It talked about a little more Jesus & a little less me.  What a great thought.  It seems like I have a lot going on this week & usually when I do, I start thinking about how "I" am going to get it all done & am "I" going to do a good job.  It was good to have a reminder today that I need to get out of the way & let Christ work.  He's going to do a much better job at it than I ever will anyway.  If I let Him be in control, He can do far greater things than I am able to do.  The other thing is when I get busy & caught up in what I need to get done, it leaves very little room for what God wants to do & what He wants me to do.  So I guess what they say about less is more is true in this case because less me is more Christ & that is better for everyone.  So today, take a step back, take a deep breath & ask God to take control & do what He wants to do.  If you will you can relax a little & follow the One who knows what is best for you.  That a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment