Thursday, October 17, 2013

Alone With God

Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the lake, & a large crowd from Galilee followed (Mk. 3:7 NIV)

Every once in a while, you just need to get away & get with God.  Sometimes you just need to enter into Gods presence & it just be you & Christ.  I kind of felt that way today.  Someone that my daughter went to school with committed suicide today because he had been bullied.  I've been thinking all day about him feeling that alone & hopeless.  No one should ever feel that way.  I had already been thinking about the mess that our country seems to be in.  It just seemed to he waves of discouraging news today.  I don't think I've ever seen people act towards each other like I've seen lately.  Today it was time to just get alone with God.  Today it was time to sit at His feet & say I don't understand.  There are days like that & Christ just sits & holds us, giving us the encouragement to get up & go again.  Remember, our hope is in Christ & it's up to us to share that hope.  Sometimes, we just need to get alone with God & recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment