Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Use Me

Then I heard the voice of The Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?"  And I said, "Here am I, send me !" (Is. 6:8 NIV)

If you were asked that today what would your response be?  If  you were in the presence of God & He was asking that question, would you say send me?  Or would you scoot back to the back, hoping God found someone else first?  Would you say "well I'm not really qualified"?  Well the thing is is that He is asking you that question.  He is looking for people who will do His work.  It might be speaking to that relative or neighbor who needs to know Jesus Christ.  It might be standing up for someone who can't stand up for themselves.  It might be helping someone who needs a helping hand. Can you be that person?  As I'm writing this I am listening to talk about taking "God" out of an oath at a military academy, stories about bullying, and other disturbing news.  There is a work for each one of us to be doing.  Growing up I know I had a lot of people who answered that question with "Send me!"  Now it's our turn to answer that question the same way.  Our kids, families, churches, & most of all God are looking to us to step up.  We can keep standing on the sidelines as slowly but surely the world gets farther away from God & the things that we thought we would never see become commonplace or we can say "send me!"  Use me!" Not the person beside me but me.  Hopefully they will be saying the same thing & we as Christians can be that influence that we have been called to be.  Question for the day is can God use you!

No comments:

Post a Comment