Thursday, December 5, 2013

Don't doubt

But when he asks, he must believe & not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown & tossed by the wind. (James 1:6 NIV)

The subject of faith has really been on my heart lately.  I'm not one that believes that God is a Pez dispenser that just passes out the candy because we ask.  I believe that God works everything for the good of those who love Him.  I also think there is no denying the power of faith if you read through the scriptures.  I believe that our level of faith has a lot to do with the area God has to work.   I believe that we limit God by our lack of faith.  I have decided that if I really believe the Bible  then I have to believe that God is able to do exceeding, abundantly beyond all that I ask or think (Eph. 3: 20).  Maybe I'm not asking big enough.  I believe if I'm asking with the right motives, to further His Kingdom & for His glory & not mine, I believe He is more than big enough to do it.  I believe He has good plans for me (Jer. 29:11).  I believe He will supply all of my needs(Phillipians 4: 19).  I believe He has a place for me with Him for eternity (John 3:16).  There are many many promises of God in His word.  If He promised it, it's a done deal.  We need to believe those promises & that they are for us.  He gave them to us for today.  Don't let the wind move you.  Stay focused on what God has to say about you & your situation & believe that.  Your faith in "I Am" can change things.  Believe & don't doubt.  He is big enough, He is still on the throne, & He loves you.  You believe, stand firm, & He will do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment