Tuesday, December 3, 2013

God Made It Good

You intended to harm me but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. (Gen. 50:20 NIV)

This is kind of a personal story for me.  It was one that I did not understand at the time but as I was running today I got to thinking about how it had shaped me.  I've had a couple of those situations lately & I'm sure you probably have as well.  Sometimes we just can't see at the time what God could possibly be doing in our situation but that's when we have to trust God & know that He knows exactly what He's doing.
      I had just started in ministry & doors were opening left & right.  I went from not even thinking about ministry to speaking Gods word at different churches & events.  God was moving, doors were opening, & things were growing.  Then as happens when those things are going on, Satan reared his ugly head & got involved.  All of a sudden people wanted to be in charge instead of God.  People wanted to start taking credit for work instead of giving God the glory.  As I tried to speak out against it, people turned their anger to me.  Untrue things were said about me & my family & it was time for me to move on.
     After I left the situation, still things were being said.  I had decided that it was better to let God fight my battle & kept quiet.  Only one side of the story was getting out & it was not accurate.  That can be hard to take & understand when you are truly trying to do what God asks you to do.  I really couldn't understand why things were working out like they were.  Now fast forward to today.
     Today I realized that I could honestly say I do not have any bad feelings toward anyone in the situation.  God has brought healing.  But even more than that I realized that God had used it to grow me.  Since this has happened I have learned to always trust God even when things don't seem to make sense.  I've learned to know He is working & even better working it for my good.  I've learned to look at people differently.  We're all imperfect & were responsible for how we act in a situation not in how anyone else does.  I've learned that God brings good out of bad & His good is better than I can imagine.  So I encourage you to trust God to work good in your situation & let go of things that only drag you down.  God has bigger things in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment