Monday, December 9, 2013

Let This Be Us

Now, Lord, consider their threats & enable you servants to speak your word with great boldness.  Stretch out your hand to heal & perform miraculous signs & wonders through the name of your Holy Servant Jesus. (Acts 4: 29 & 30 NIV)

This was Peter & Johns prayer for the believers. As I've said many times, I believe we grossly underestimate Gods power in our life & the life of the church.  The side effect of that is that we end up relying on ourselves too much.  Peter & John weren't bashful about what they were praying for.  They didn't hesitate or stutter they boldly approached Gods throne & asked for big things. They didn't ask for anything but for God to do great things through them in order to bring glory to Christ, to reach others.  How pleasing is that to God.  As I read this, I wonder if we are praying that same prayer today.  Do we believe God can do those same things through us (the church) today or do we think those were things that only happened in the Bible.  Do we ask God to help us speak boldly?  Do we ask Him to stretch out His hand & move through us to do great things?  Is the church capable of being strong for God (as He intended) or are we satisfied with just holding on until Christ returns?  I want God to move through me like that. I want to speak His word boldly & have His hand move through me.  Not for my glory but His.  I don't have the seminary degree or the initials after my name but what I do have is a passion for God, availability, & a desire to work for Christ, much like Peter & John who prayed this prayer.  Does that sound like you.  We have work to do & I pray that God once again sees fit to work through us (His church) like that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment