Thursday, March 14, 2013

Enthusiasm

Never be lazy, but work hard & serve the Lord enthusiastically (Rom. 12:11 NLT)

Lazy & enthusiastically are the two words that stick out to me in this verse.  I think sometimes we can be lazy about serving Christ.  For most Christians by lazy I would say that I think sometimes we tend to hope someone else will talk to that person, serve in that position, visit someone, etc. .  I think there are some Christians who put forth the "bare minimum" effort but I think that most laziness comes from what I said previously.  The word enthusiastically means us looking for opportunities to serve.  Not sitting on the sidelines but saying "here I am, use me." look for someone to help or visit.  Seek out someone who needs to know about Christ.  If you know a kid wo needs a good adult Christian influence, maybe you're the person.  God will show you YOUR work He has for you to do. And when you find that work, remember the word enthusiastically.  Don't act like its a chore or painful for you, be excited.  Be excited that God decided to use you for His work.  If you do what He asks, you could get up to heaven one day & the person you spoke to or helped finds you & tells you what an impact you had on them.  How exciting will that be!

No comments:

Post a Comment