Sunday, March 24, 2013

What was He thinking

The entire city of Jerusalem was in an uproar as He entered "Who is this" they asked (Matt. 21:10 NLT)

We are now I full swing of Easter season.  Finishing up Palm Sunday.  Today I thought about Jesus riding into Jerusalem & what He was thinking.  It was loud.  People were excited,maybe like they do for a sports team or celebrity.  As that's going on, He knows how quickly things change.  He knows the sacrifice He's getting ready to make.  What was He thinking about?  Was He sad about what they were going to do?  Was He nervous about the pain He was going to go through? Was He sad about a follower who would betray Him?  Was He hurt about a friend who would deny Him?  Was He concerned about what would happen to His followers? Maybe. But I think He was thinking about love.  I think He was thinking about you & me.  I think He was thinking about eternal life with us.  You see, that's how much He loves us.  We outweighed everything else.  We were more important than all the pain, suffering, & struggles.  Is He that important to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment