Friday, March 15, 2013

Perfect peace

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You!  (Is. 26:3 NLT)

The more people I talk to, the more I realize how hard peace is to find.  I have to admit sometimes I have a hard time finding it.  It seems like even when you find it, there are a lot of people & bad news just waiting to take it.  This verse gives us the key to holding onto it when someone or something tries to take it.  We have to keep our thoughts fixed on God.  He is our Protector, Healer, & Provider. He is God!  He is loving.  He wants to hold us in His arms.  The more I think about it the more I am convinced of how much we don't even remotely understand His love & power.  The more we understand those two things, the smaller those things that steal our peace become.  They aren't even close in comparison.  Again, it's why we must take our focus off of our circumstances & fix them on God.  There is nothing that comes against us that God doesn't know about & isn't in control of.  Rest in His arms.  Fix your eyes on His face.  Trust His heart.  He loves you & He holds you in His arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment