Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fan the flame

This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you (2 Tim. 1:6 NLT)

Sometimes in life you start out with a passion (strong flame) & occasionally, the flame gets weak.  The other night I was grilling out & the flame started nice & strong.  After a few minutes the flame got weak & I had to fan it to keep it going.  Sometimes it even feels like someone comes along & pours water on it.  Tonight I want to encourage you that if your flame  is getting weak, fan it.  Don't let it go out.  Ask God to stoke that fire inside of you.  Get into Gods word.  Find you some praise music.  Get alone with God & let Him recharge you.  God put that flame inside of you & the world wants to put it out.  Remember, God has overcome the world.  God wants to use your flame to light others so it's important to keep it burning.  Your flame could be the spark that spreads Gods message to those who need it.  So fan that flame & pass it on to someone else.  We need the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment