Friday, May 31, 2013

Who am I

There Moses is sitting in the field watching the sheep. I imagine he was daydreaming about what might have been.  You see he had grown up in Pharoahs house but in the process of defending his people, killed a man & fled in fear.  Little did he know that God now had him watching sheep to prepare him to watch Gods sheep. In the middle of his daydream, God shows him a burning bush to get his attention.  I would like one of those once in a while for direction.  God told Moses to go back to Egypt to confront Pharoah.  Moses, one of the greates figures in all of Christianity, responded with "Who am I to appear before Pharoah?".  How could God use me after what I've done?  But remember, He wasn't "Moses" yet.  Just like you haven't become who God has made you to be yet.  Maybe He has planned for you to be one of the greates figures of Christianity.  However, know this, God has a great work for YOU to do.  What is your response to the work God has for you?  Is it like Moses & you're asking "Who am I, am I qualified?" Have you got people telling you why you're not qualified?  If you feel like Moses or the nay sayers are chirping in your ears, remember Gods response to Moses.  It was "I'll be with you" & "I Am has sent me." Moses had a speech problem.  What's holding you back?  What makes you feel unqualified?  One of the main characters of the bible felt unqualified.  But he remembered the Great I Am would equip him.  Because of that he went on to do great things for God.  Why can't that be you?

No comments:

Post a Comment