Saturday, June 29, 2013

He wants you

Something I struggled with when I started ministry was I didn't feel that I fell into the mold of a minister.  I thought about a lot of ministers I knew, had seen & heard & I didn't see myself like them. Mostly, I thought about my grandpa & I didn't see myself doing the things he had done.  He boldly preached Gods word.  He was great with the youth.  He visited people in their homes & hospitals.  He took care of the things at church.  All that without any formal training.  He had the heart of a pastor.  How could I ever do the things he did.  I'm sure Joshua felt much the same way after taking over for Moses.  In Joshua chapter 1, God told Joshua that Moses was dead & it was time for Joshua to lead.  I think God is telling us that today, "Its now your time to lead".  We need to quit comparing ourselves to others & telling ourselves why we don't measure up.  Those people did their work & now it's time we do ours.  God wants us to lead.  They did their work so that we would have an opportunity to do ours.  God created you just for this time & this purpose to do His work.  That was why He put you here now, it wasn't an accident.  He goes on to tell Joshua to be strong & courageous & that He would be with him & not fail him.  I believe He's telling us the same thing today.  Be the you He created you to be & lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment