Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's a gift

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials (James 1:2 NASB). The Message translation says it this way, "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests & challenges come at you from all sides." I have to say that Idont usually think of it as joy or as a gift when troubles come at me from all sides.  I don't even like one or two.  But I have learned one valuable thing that comes from them.  I think for me God has used them to help me learn to lean on & trust Him.  I have seen Him work out things in my life that I absolutely had no idea how He could work it out.  Each time He has,it's another victory that I can draw strength from during the next test or challenge.  Even though I might not have liked it or understood it at the time I now take great courage from how God provides. So now I try to remind myself when those tests & challenges come that God will provide.  He did in the bible, He has in my life, & He has in the lives of many others I know.  Then I try to remember that it's not for me to figure out but it is for me to trust, have faith, & believe. This is a hard part of the qualifying process but it is a necessary part for us to do the great work He has for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment