Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let it Go

So I believe God gave me the courage I have needed & then I think something in me had to go.  It's something I don't think I even really thought about that often but it was always there. I think unforgiveness is a huge anchor that holds us back from Gods best.  It can be unforgiveness towards others or ourselves.  I dont have any big stories of terrible wrongs that have been done to me but I had probably held on to some things because I felt I had a right to be mad about them.  After all, I had been wronged.  That's Satan talking to us.  As Christians, we have to remember that Christ gave us our example.  He was perfect yet beaten, ridiculed, & hung on a cross.  If anyone had a right to not forgive, it was Him.  Yet while hanging on the cross, He said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." If He could forgive them & me, what right do I have to hold on to bitterness.  It only holds you back.  It affects your relationship with Christ.  Anything that does that has to go.  Today ask God to search you & if there's any unforgiveness in you, ask Him to get rid of it.  Once He removes it, ask Him to fill that empty space with His love & see how much lighter you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment