Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Build up

Therefore encourage one another & build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.  (1 Thess. 5:11 NIV)

Today when I woke up, I found out that a friend of mine had finished her journey here on earth & was called home to he withe The Lord. She had battled for a long time & god said it was time for her to rest.  I didn't know her well but got to know her through my cousin, hoping that my devotions would encourage her.  Little did I know that through that journey, it would be her to encourage me as I would later have cancer removed from my arm.  As she was going through her struggle, she was still encouraging others & trying to help others, even when her situation was so difficult. As I heard the news today, my thoughts went to her family who will remain in my prayers.  But it also got me thinking how we need to he about the business of encouraging people.  There are so many people in this world trying to tear down & destroy & we as Christians need to let Christ work through us to build up , repair, & encourage others.  We don't know what people are dealing with or going through in their day.  Everyone could use a smile, a kind word, or a helping hand.  Those people should be able to depend on us to be those things.  Sometimes it's even our own families who are in need of one of those things.  Maybe it was a rough day at school, work, practice, etc. & they just need a hand up.  Sometimes it just means taking our focus off of us & our problems & asking God how we can help someone else.  Thank you to all of the encourages I have in my life, you are a great blessing.  Today the world lost an encourager, now it's up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment