Monday, November 11, 2013

The Good Part

But only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her (Lk. 10: 42 NASB)

In the NASB version, it says Martha was distracted.  She was running around trying to do all of these things (which was distracting  her) & she was missing the main thing.  She was distracted by activities & was missing Christ.  How many times do we do that?  Mary realized what (who) was the main thing & she was sitting at His feet listening intently.  I think today we so much need to get away from the hecticness of the world & just sit at the Saviors feet & listen.  Don't talk, don't be distracted, just fix your eyes on Him & listen to His voice. You might be thinking that would be nice if you just had time to do that.  I think we might be amazed at how much time we had if we just sat & listened to our Lord & Savior.  Today I got the opportunity to sit everything aside & just spend the day with my kids.  I couldn't have spent my time any better today.  Before I did that, I took time to just get away with Christ which set everything on the right track.  I spent the evening enjoying time with my wife & kids.  I didn't do a thing off of a to do list today but today I did the more important things.  I want to encourage you to find time especially during this season to remember the main things.

No comments:

Post a Comment