Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Not My Life

I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central.  It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, & I am no longer driven to impress God.  Christ lives in me.  The life you see me living is not mine" , but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me & gave Himself for me. (Gal. 2:20 Message)

I am learning & I admit sometimes struggling with always letting God have control of everything.  I think I've come a long way but I know I still have a long way to go.  As humans we rationalize why what we do is alright.  Maybe we think we have reason to be mad at somebody, want to get back at somebody, put our priorities before Gods, or many other things.  Maybe it's that one little area that we're not ready to let go of.  It could even be our finances, job, family, or a habit that we have.  The bottom line is that when we made Jesus Christ LORD of our life, we gave up control.  In today's society we are taught that we have rights, to stand up for ourselves, & to not let people take advantage of us.  Gods word teaches us to yield to His will even when that is difficult for us.  If we are Christians & we are called to be different than the world, putting Gods will & putting others first is a great way to show Christ. If we will let go of our ego & realize that our life now belongs to Christ, God will be able to do great things with us.  We will probably walk around a lot happier as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment