Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Clobber your fear

Alright so today I had another thought.  I have to admit sometimes I feel like the Israelites wandering around in the wilderness.  That does get tiring sometimes.  But today I got to thinking that the "Promised Land" is right there & I thought why can't I get in there?  I realized that there are giants in the Promised Land but I also realized God has given me the victory over those giants.  Satan however likes to make those giants appear too big to handle but those giants are nothing for God to handle.  I think it's in how I view the Promised Land.  Are the giants too big or has God given me the victory & the milk & honey He has promised.  Satan wants me to believe the first because it keeps me from entering into Gods promise.
     I think I (we) need to be like Caleb.  He saw the same giants as the others but he had a different view of his God.  Numbers 13:30 says "But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses, "let's go at once to take the land ", he said "we can certainly conquer it." His view was not on the obstacle, it was on God.
     How many times do we do that?  We fail to reach what God has given us because we let Satan scare us & take our focus off God.  We just keep wandering & struggling because our focus is in the wrong place.  As I heard in "Facing the Giants", "your fear is about to clobber your faith".  I think it's time to switch things up & let our faith clobber our fear.  It's time to go in!

No comments:

Post a Comment