Monday, July 8, 2013

We have to believe

I have done martial arts for years.  I love doing it.  I even trained at a professional mma gym for a while.  While I was there I sometimes didn't feel like I belonged.  There were professional fighters there who I trained with & I felt like I was just a guy who loved training at martial arts.  I took all of the classes, I trained very hard, & the trainers told me I was doing well enough to actually fight if I chose to.  Even though professional trainers were telling me that, I never believed I was good enough to do it.  I made excuses as to why I couldn't do it.  Today I was thinking about that & I began thinking how we do that as Christians.  We can do all of the studying & preparing, which are good, but if we never believe in what Gods power can do through us, it doesn't make a difference.  I think we too often believe God did great things in the bible but not so much today.  It's time to realize that He still has the same power today as He did then.  It's time to increase our faith & increase our expectancy.  Its time to boldly go to the throne of God & ask Him to move through us & on our behalf.  Ephesians 1:19 says "and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe".  It's time we start understanding how great God is & that He is still working today.  It's not enough for me to tell you, you have to believe in Gods power.  I believe God wants to do a great thing but it is up to each of us to believe in Him & in the work He wants to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment