Monday, July 1, 2013

Know God

In the last blog we talked about knowing Gods word.  Today I want to talk about knowing God.  When I decided to go into ministry (actually I think God decided), I decided I needed to know as much about God as I could.  After all He is Who I'm following& Who I am supposed to be telling others about.  So as I started seeking knowledge about God, the strangest thing happened.  God began revealing Himself to me.  Second Chronicles 15:2 says "whenever you seek Him, you will find Him".  And that's what happened!  I started out seeking knowledge of God & instead, I found God!  Now I don't have the corner on knowing God, He is available to all who seek Him.  I found out that even though I have been in church my whole life, there was so much more I needed to know.  I needed to dig deeper.  The more I learn about Him, the more I realize I need to know.  You see, He doesnt want us to know "about" Him, He wants us to know Him.
     If we know Him, we know He loves us.  If we know Him, we know He works out everything for our good.  We know He has good plans for us.  We know He is faithful, all knowing, all powerful, & all present.  He is the Almighty!  We don't have enough paper to write everything He is.  He is our Healer & our Provider.  As He told Moses, He is "I Am".  As we get to know Him, we find out we can trust Him.
     What more do we need to "qualify" us?  If we know Christ & we are willing to share Him with others, what other "qualifications" are necessary?  God doesn't need us to "sell" Him, He has everything anyone could possibly need.  He needs us to know Him & share Him & He will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment