Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Run to win

I began running a few years ago.  I don't always enjoy it, especially when it's in the nineties, it's not always a lot of fun.  But most of the time I do enjoy getting outside, running, & clearing my mind.  Today as I was running I got to thinking about some comparisons to running & my journey with Christ.  The first thing is that when I started running, I couldn't run as far, as fast or as long.  I just started making goals of running to the next pole at the track.  But through training I gradually increased all three of those areas.  My goal was for my progress to not become stagnant & stale.  This is like in our life with Christ, we shouldn't be at the same level in our walk with Christ as when we began that walk.  I think one of the keys is to keep training.  We can't let our relationship with Christ become stagnant.  Hebrews 5: 11-14 talks about moving from milk to solid food.  If we want to be effective for Christ & grow, we need to get to the solid food.
      Secondly, when I run I want to see results.  There are all kinds of running plans but I want the one that gives me the best results.  John chapter 15 tells us how to see those results.  Stay connected to the vine (Jesus Christ) & then we will bear fruit.  If you run but you don't see results from it why would you keep doing it?  In the same token, why would you not want to see results (fruit) in your Christian life?
     We need to be growing in our Christian life & we need to be living to see results.  If we're not seeing those things, it's time to dig deeper into Gods word, spend more time in prayer, seeking His face & praying for revival in us.  Run the race to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment